Animal welfare and pest control
Animal health and welfare offer a range of services. Main areas of work include:
- investigating reports about dog fouling and barking
- inspectiing and enforcing laws which control animal diseases such as foot and mouth, rabies and sheep scab
- making sure domestic and farm animals are properly cared for
- picking up stray dogs and taking them to licensed kennels
- talking to individuals and groups about responsible dog ownership
- licensing catteries and dog breeding and/or boarding premises, horse riding centres and pet shops, as well as farms that move agricultural animals
- feed hygiene registration
- importation of cats, dogs and other small animals
There is also a range of services giving advice on common pests that may cause you concern.
Use the tabs on the left of the screen to find out more about the area you're interested in, including specific contact details for that service.