Pet Shop Licence
If you run a pet shop in Fife, or are thinking about opening one, you will need a licence from Fife Council.
You can apply for a pet shop licence online using the form to the right of this page.
We will grant a licence subject to the following:
- receipt of a completed application form
- receipt of the appropriate fee (see attached publication for details of all fees)
- completion of a satisfactory inspection of the premises by ourselves
Note: The fee payable in respect of the registration of a person under the Act will be determined on application.
This licence will be valid from the date that it is granted until 31 December of that year. You will then need to apply in October for a renewed licence to begin on 01 January.
A summary of the regulation relating to this licence
- The licence costs £175.00 (including VAT).
- You can either choose to pay by debit or credit card.
- If you are uploading documents with this application the following file types can be uploaded; .gif .jpeg .xls .doc .docx .PDF .txt. The upload size limit is 5MB.
If you require any further information then please contact the Public Protection Team on 03451 55 55 50 (lines open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
Before you start filling out this form, sign into Fifedirect to keep a record in your account.Go to the form