Children's Services Committee (Disbanded May, 2007)
Terms of Reference:
The Children's Services Committee was disbanded in May, 2007. It dealt with the following matters:-
-relating to the provision and regulation of services for children including:-
- provision of child care; was disbanded in May, 2007. It dealt with the following matters:-
- pre-school and school education;
- education, personal and social development and recreation of children;
- school boards, parental consultation and communication;
- promotion of children's welfare (including the preparation, publication and review of a plan for the provision of services for children in Fife);
- looked after children within the meaning of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995;
- children's panel; and
- support and protection for children and their families.
The Children's Services Committee shall also consider and determine the following:-
- any dismissal of any member of teaching staff; and
- any appeal by any member of teaching staff who is entitled to appeal to Committee under their contract of employment and condition of service or any Council procedure.
Scrutiny and Performance Review
The scrutiny and performance review functions of all committees are set out in paragraphs 3.6 and 3.8 of the Scheme of Administration.