Levenmouth Area Committee
CONTACT: LESLEY ROBB 03451 555555 EXT 441094
The functions of Area Committees are to deal with the following matters:
- leadership and promotion of joint working with community plan partners and other statutory and voluntary or not for profit bodies to support the wellbeing of their communities, through the implementation of Local Community and Area Management Plans;
- overseeing the delivery and effectiveness of local community planning and partnership arrangements; determining the relevant geographical basis for local community planning;
- contributing to the development of, and monitoring the local delivery of the Fife Community Plan;
- receiving an annual report of progress against the local community plan as a basis for continuing dialogue with communities, partners and services on challenges and priorities.
Providing local input as required prior to Council decisions including:
- considering the potential impact of strategic policy proposals and making recommendations to the relevant other committee;
- working with communities to establish priorities and scrutinising the effectiveness of local delivery.
Taking decisions on matters within their local area insofar as these have been remitted by Council or other committees:
- the allocation of budgets and the approval of revenue and capital expenditure insofar as these have been delegated to the committee;
- considering all matters relating to expenditure from common good funds insofar as not delegated to officers and providing a view, as appropriate, to the Executive Committee on issues relating to the common good including proposed disposal of common good property;
- to consider an annual report on the management of the common good;
- the approval of grants to local organisations;
- appointment of members to local organisations;
- master plans, site briefs, development briefs and urban design frameworks;
- traffic orders;
- roads adoptions, construction consents and the naming of streets; calling for the attendance of appropriate senior officers, the performance of whose service is being examined;
- tree related matters and tree preservation orders;
- conservation area and conservation management scheme arrangements and reports;
- good neighbour agreements;
- building standards and safety (insofar as not delegated to officers) including the reporting of dangerous buildings which have potential expenditure implications for the Council; and
- rights of way, diversion orders and all other matters dealt with in the relevant planning legislation not remitted to the Planning Committees.
The committee shall be responsible for the scrutiny and review of performance of the functions remitted to Area Committees.
The Area Committees will have the following powers:
- to invite individuals and / or representatives of organisations with expertise or interest in aspects of their remit to attend and / or contribute to meetings, either as regular participants or for a specific issue. Such individuals will not have voting powers;
- to require the Executive Committee member with relevant responsibility and / or relevant Executive Director / Head of Service to attend meetings and respond to relevant questions and / or to submit a report or written evidence on any relevant matter;
- to request other members of the Council and outside organisations to attend meetings and / or give evidence and advice;
- to submit comments and recommendations to the Executive Committee and the Council.
The Knowfife Dataset provides a general profile of the Levenmouth Area