Your Bill Explained
Council Tax Bill Explained
- Your Council Tax account number
- The involvement ID relating to your property
- Date the Council Tax bill was issued
- The person(s) liable / responsible for paying the Council Tax
- Correspondence address – where the Council Tax bill will be issued
- The property address the Council Tax bill relates to
- Band – the valuation band your property is in
- If you have had your band reduced because you have a disability, you will see your reduced band here
- The annual charge for the property shown on your bill. This is broken down into Council Tax,water & sewerage charges.
- The period of time the bill covers
- If you have a property which has been empty for 12 months or more you may be charged an empty property variation. This charge will be equivalent to your annual council tax charge.
- Any deductions that have been made to this account, up to the date the bill was issued
- Charges for your bill - broken down between Council Tax, water & waste water charges and total
- Payments that have been made to this account, up to the date the bill was issued
- This shows the balance payable for this bill
- General information along with contact details
- Payments should be made in accordance with the amounts and instalment dates.