You will need to provide information and proof of your housing situation to us. This could be through other people who can confirm your circumstances.
During the assessment we will establish the following:
- Are you homeless?
- Are you unintentionally homeless?
- Do you have a local connection to Fife?
If you answer 'yes' to all 3 questions, we can offer you permanent housing with Fife Council.
If you answer ‘no’ to any question, we will provide advice and help find a solution to your housing problem.
If you disagree with the decision you have the right to appeal. Details of how to appeal will be on the decision letter.
What happens next?
- Temporary Accommodation– will be available if you have nowhere to go. (Chargeable)
- Support in your tenancy– your Case Manager can refer you for Short Term Housing Support.
- Permanent Accommodation– you will be given one offer from the Urgent Housing Need Category.
You need to choose at least 3 areas for housing with no property or heating restrictions, unless you can prove there is a specific reason.
Refusal will lead to your homeless points being withdrawn and your housing application could be suspended.
If you think the offer is unfair you can appeal to the Lead Officer in the Area housing team.