Antisocial Behaviour

Antisocial behaviour covers a wide range of unacceptable activity that causes harm to an individual, to their community or to their environment. 

Antisocial Behaviour

Antisocial behaviour means behaving in a way which causes, or is likely to cause, alarm and distress to the community. It can include:

  • Abuse
  • Drug dealing
  • Vandalism and graffiti
  • Noise disturbances (loud music, noisy parties, shouting, etc)                                                  
  • Threatening or violent behaviour

Antisocial behaviour is not always a crime but incidents of violence, suspected drug dealing, and hate crime should always be reported to the Police.

Domestic Noise is amplified noise, noisy parties, DIY, playing musical instruments, dogs barking etc.

Non Domestic Noise is commercial noise, construction noise, car alarms etc.

If you wish to report:- 

If antisocial behaviour is happening right now call the police on 101.

If someone’s life or health is in danger call 999

Neighbour Problems

If you have a problem with your neighbour we recommend that you try to discuss matters with them in the first instance. If you are unsure about approaching your neighbour Fife Community Safety Support Service can provide support to persons involved in antisocial behaviour and hate incidents and will provide a mediation service. They  will:

  • act independently
  • listen to you and your neighbour
  • help find common ground
  • try to find a solution

If mediation doesn’t work or if you don't think it's appropriate you can report your problem to us using the Antisocial Behaviour Form

If your neighbour problem is regarding a council tenant please click here on the Antisocial Behaviour by Fife Council Tenant Reporting Form 

You can also contact your local council office and give them details of the problems you are experiencing. 

It would be helpful to know:

  • your name, address and phone number
  • where the problem is happening
  • the name of the person causing the problem and whether the person is a Council tenant or not
  • details of what is happening including dates and times. 

Any details you give us are kept private. Once you have made us aware of the problem we will get in touch to discuss how we can help resolve it. 

Antisocial behaviour happening right now? Then you should call the police on 101.

If someone’s life or health is in danger call 999.


Vandalism is damage or destruction to property. It is illegal and creates a negative impression of an area, and if left can often lead to more vandalism occurring and contributes to people's fear of crime.   



If vandalism is happening right now please call the police by phoning 101.                                                                                   

Vandalism can be reported as antisocial behaviour here using the Antisocial Behaviour Form



Graffiti can be offensive and ugly, and can affect the local area. It can be described as

•    the defacement of property
•    a form of vandalism
•    a crime
•    in some cases, street art.  

The presence of graffiti adds to an atmosphere of neglect and can increase the fear of crime and reduce perceptions of safety. It is expensive to remove.

All offensive graffiti – when motivated by prejudice or hate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, race,  religion or sexual orientation - is removed within 48 hours of being reported.

To report graffiti please use the Graffiti Reporting Form

or telephone  03451 55 00 22 

Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.