Animal boarding licence

If you run premises in Fife for boarding cats and/or dogs, or are thinking about starting one, you may need a licence from Fife Council.

You can apply for a boarding licence online using the relevant form to the right of this page.

We will grant a licence subject to the following:

  • receipt of a completed application form
  • receipt of the appropriate fee (see attached publication for details of current fees)
  • completion of a satisfactory inspection of the premises by ourselves

There is a fee for the licence, and it varies depending on the number of animals you have and any vet costs we may incur as part of the inspection.

The licence will last for 12 months.

Please contact us on the details provided for any further information.

Public Protection Team (lines open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 55 50 Contact Public Protection Team (lines open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) online
Go Top

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.