Conservation area grants

There is no automatic entitlement to grants if you live in a conservation area. It is the responsibility of individual property owners to maintain their property to an adequate standard.

Limited grant funding is sometimes available to assist property owners in preserving the external fabric and traditional appearance of their historic buildings.  In some instances the replacement of inappropriate features and works of a specialist nature can also be funded.  Grants are given at the discretion of the funding body.

The current sources of funding are:

  • Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI)
  • Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS)

You will only be able to apply for a grant if you live in an area where there is a Townscape Heritage Initiative or Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme, such as currently for Anstruther and shortly for Cupar.

Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.