Are You Having Problems With Your Landlord?

Are you having issues with your landlord?

Do you have issues with repairs not being carried out?

Do you feel your landlord is not managing your tenancy correctly?


Independent advice and support can be sought from various sources.

You can call Front Line Fife on 01592 800430 or

You can call Trust in Fife on 01592 646677

You can also visit Shelter Scotland’s website which has lots of information about repairs, management and eviction issues on or call 0808 800 4444


You can report your landlord free of charge to the First-tier Tribunal (Housing & Property Chamber)

The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) was formed to deal with determinations of rent or repair issues in private sector housing; assistance in exercising a landlord’s right of entry; and relatively informal and flexible proceedings to help resolve issues that arise between homeowners and property factors. From 1 December 2017, the Chamber began to receive more private rented cases, being applications provided for by the transfer of jurisdiction from the Sheriff Courts of non-criminal matters arising from regulated, Part VII and assured tenancies (Housing (Scotland) Act 2014 refers). The Chamber also receives applications for rent assessments, drawing up of terms, evictions and other non-criminal matters arising from the new Private Residential Tenancy (Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 refers).

The web site for the tribunal is


You can also call the Private Rented Sector Team at Fife Council

For Private Sector Standards please call 01592 583225 or email

For Landlord Registration please call 01592 583397 or email

For HMO related issues please call 01592 583162 or email


Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.