Assessing your application
The case officer will take into consideration the following when assessing an application:
- responses from statutory consultees
- material considerations (further information can be found on our page Material Considerations
- planning legislation
- structure and local plans (further information can be found on our page Planning Policy and Guidance
- planning history of the site
- design of the proposed development and impact on the surrounding area
- environmental impact of the proposal
- traffic impact of the proposal
- impact on infrastructure such as water supply and drainage
- views of neighbours who have submitted written representations (so long as material to the application)
After assessing all relevant information the officer will prepare a report based on their findings and make a recommendation.
The type of application will establish whether the case officer or planning committee will make the decision (check our page How We Make Decisions).
Tel: 03451 55 11 22