Apply for Planning Permission

Privacy Notice

This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information that we collect about you.

Fife Council uses the personal information provided by you within your application form in order to process your application under planning legislation.

We have a statutory function to process your application under the terms of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 and associated legislation.

Fife Council is also responsible under Section 97 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 (as amended) for the naming of streets and numbering of properties. The information provided will be used to fulfil this function where appropriate.

The personal information we gather and use includes name and contact details.

The information provided will be made available to Economy Planning and Employability Service as appropriate to inform planning policy activities such as the annual housing land audit.

We may obtain personal information relating to your application from a third party acting on your behalf.

In the event that we did not request and use this information it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions in determining your application or providing official address details.

The Council will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept. The Council has a retention schedule which sets out how long we hold different types of information. This can be found here.

Further information on how your information is used and why can be found at The Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Heads of Planning Scotland

Heads of Planning Scotland

If you require help when trying to submit your application online there is a user guide available at  This will provide step by step support to make this method of submitting an application as easy as possible.  You can complete your full application online including any payments required.    Information on fees can be found on Costs and How to Pay.


A guidance document is available on the Heads of Planning Scotland website which is designed to assist you through the process of submitting your application.


You may also require a Building Warrant for your proposed works.  Please check out the information on the pages Building Standards and public safety.






Economy, Planning and Employability Services
Tel: 03451 55 11 22 Contact Economy, Planning and Employability Services online
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.