Nursery place for 2 year olds
Fife Council has a number of places offering Early Learning and Childcare to children who are 2 years of age. These are offered to eligible children in line with criteria set down by The Scottish Government.
What is available?
Early Learning and Childcare Places are available for 3 hours and 10 minutes each day of the school year and will be available as either a morning space or afternoon space. Places are offered in the Fife Council nurseries listed overleaf.
Who is eligible?
If your family is receiving any of the following benefits, then your child may be eligible for a place:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit with a monthly income of £610 or less
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), with an income less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit (CTC) and maximum Working Tax Credit (WTC) with an income under £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Your child may also be eligible if they are looked after, under a kinship care or guardianship order. If this applies to you please contact your Social Worker who will be able to refer you to our LAC Family Support team. This team provide extra support to make sure any placement meets your needs.
If your child has additional needs or you feel your family needs extra support, then you may also be able to access Early Learning and Childcare for your 2 year old child. Please discuss this with your Health Visitor, Social Worker or Educational Home Visitor who supports your family. They will be able to complete a separate referral form with you if they feel an application is appropriate.
When can my child start?
Children will become eligible for a place on the term following their 2nd Birthday. Children born between 1st March 2015 and 28th February 2016 will be eligible for the August 2017 to June 2018 intake. The term intake has been arranged as follows:
- Term 1: August – December 2017
- Children born between 1st March 2015 and 31st August 2015
- Term 2: January – March 2018
- Children born between 1st September 2015 – 31st December 2015
- Term 3: April – June 2018
- Children born between 1st January 2016 – 28th February 2016
How do I apply?
Application forms are available from any Fife Council nursery or can be printed from the link below. These should be completed fully and handed into any Fife Council nursery along with:
- Up to date evidence of any benefits / tax credits you receive,
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport, and;
- Proof of your current address
Your application will be assessed at the next available Nursery Panel meeting. These meetings take place each term to award places for the following term. If you are offered a place for your child in a Fife Council nursery, you will be notified in writing.
Please note that the place you are offered may not be in your local nursery.
- Treetop Family Nurture Centre
- Inzievar Primary School Nursery
- Kings Road Primary School Nursery
- Park Road Primary School Nursery
- Torryburn Primary School Nursery
- Beanstalk Family Nurture Centre
- Lynburn Primary School Nursery
Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly
- Clentry Nursery School
- Cowdenbeath Primary School Nursery
- Crossgates Primary School Nursery
- Denend Primary School Nursery
- Dunmore Nursery School
- Sunflower Family Nurture Centre
- Carleton Nursery School,
- Ladybird Family Nurture Centre
- Rimbleton Primary School Nursery
- Burntisland Primary School Nursery
- Dysart Primary School Nursery
- Fair Isle Family Nurture Centre
- Gallatown Nursery School
- Pathhead Primary School
- Valley Primary School Nursery
- Buckhaven Primary School Nursery
- Kennoway Primary and Community School Nursery
- Mountfleurie Primay School Nursery
- Paxton Nursery School
- Viewforth Nursery School
- Woodlands Family Nurture Centre
North East Fife
- Auchtermuchty Primary School Nursery
- St Andrews Nursery
- Westfield Family Nurture Centre
Tel: 01592 583568 Contact Early Years Admin Team online
Gillian Johnston, Project Manager (Early Learning and Childcare)
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 45 44 Contact Gillian Johnston online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ