Problems Paying

Paying council tax is not a matter of choice.  The Council will take action if you do not pay or do not pay on time.  A number of payment options are available to you.

As soon as you are having problems to pay, contact us and we’ll do what we can to help. The quicker you get in touch, the more likely a reasonable solution for everyone involved can be found.  You can make a payment arrangement request online by signing up for a Council Tax online account.  If you're already registered login here.

You can contact the Council Tax Collection Team for help, advice or to discuss your council tax payments on the number provided at the bottom of this page.

Lots of people are in debt for all sorts of reasons. There are many types of debt, some more serious than others, and once you find yourself in debt it can be difficult to see a way out.

Citizens Advice & Rights Fife (CARF) can give you good and impartial advice to help you manage your debt.  They can help you find the best option to deal with your debts.  You can either arrange to see a money adviser, or they can provide a self-help pack.

Money Advisers can help you deal with your creditors and advise on making the most of your income.

They can advise you what to do if you face;

  • creditors threatening to take you to court
  • eviction
  • having your gas or electricity  cut off
  • compulsory deductions from your wages
  • arrestment of your bank account
  • Insolvency.

There is information on the website at about dealing with debt.  You can contact the Money Advice Unit on 0345 1400 094.

Walker Love
Tel: 0871 384 3256

Scott & Co
Tel: 0845 129 5195

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.