Nationality Checking Service
Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) And Nationality Checking Service (NCS)
Fife Council’s Nationality Document Return Service will only be available until Friday 30th November 2018, if you have applied and paid for citizenship online. Fife Council cannot accept applications made after this date.
CHANGES TO BUSINESS
Between 5th and 29th November 2018 UK Visas and Immigration will be rolling out a new streamlined service, allowing customers in the UK to submit all necessary evidence and personal information to support their application for citizenship quickly and securely through a simpler journey. You can find out more about applying for British Citizenship and details of the new Nationality Document Return Service by visiting the Home Office government website: GOV.UK British Citizenship
Our Nationality Checking Service offers help with your citizenship application. We ensure that all your documents are completed correctly before sending to the Home Office via special delivery.
Our Customer Service Advisors are trained and registered to certify your passport and other valuable documents. Using the Nationality Document Return Service or the Nationality Checking Service is optional. You can apply directly to the Home Office or use a solicitor or other agent.
How do I use the Nationality Document Return Service or Nationality Checking Service at Fife Council?
The NDRS or NCS operates on an appointment only basis. You must make your application in person. This does not include children under 18. To book an appointment, please complete the online booking form which is available on this page. Please note that you must submit a separate form for each applicant.
Joint Citizenship and Passport Application Service (JCAP)
You are able to submit your UK passport application when using NDRS.
This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office. If your citizenship application is successful and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.
Please click on the plus symbols to reveal further information about your appointment:
What should l bring to my NDRS Appointment?
- Payment Notification Number (PNN
- Checklist from Home Office and required original documents
- Completed UK passport application form and 2 photographs (if applicable)
What should I bring to my NCS appointment?
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- A completed Home Office Citizenship Application Form - You can obtain this application form by visiting the Home Office website, where you will also find guidance notes and a requirements booklet to help you complete your application: GOV.UK Becoming a British Citizen
- The original copy of your successful 'Life in the UK' test certificate (Naturalisation only) - You can book this test on the Home Office website: Life in the UK test
- All the necessary documents as explained in the application form guideline notes
We will give you more information on what you must bring when we contact you to arrange your appointment, but please be aware that you must be able to supply evidence that you were in the UK five years (or three years in the case of a joint application) prior to the date on which your application will be received by the Home Office.
The documents that you bring with you to your appointment will be photocopied, allowing the originals to remain in your safekeeping.
Do I have to pay for the Checking Service?
Yes, you will need to make this payment over the telephone when we contact you to arrange your appointment. The fees are as follows:
- NDRS Appointment (citizenship only) – Single Adult (over the age of 18) - £55
- NDRS Appointment (citizenship only) – Single Child (0-17 years) - £55
- JCAP Appointment (citizenship and passport) – Single Adult (over the age of 18) – additional £15 (£70 in total)
- JCAP Appointment (citizenship and passport) – Single Child (0-17 years) – additional £15 (£70 in total)
NDRS and JCAP appointments will be arranged within 10 working days of your citizenship application being submitted online to the Home Office.
- NCS Appointment - Single Adult (over the age of 18) - £80
- NCS Appointment - Single Child (0-17 years) - £45
Please note that this fee is separate from the Citizenship Application Fee payable to the Home Office. The Home Office fees can be viewed on their website: Fees for Citizenship Applications
Will Fife Council be able to give me advice about Nationality?
Fife Council's Nationality Checking Service cannot provide advice on nationality matters. If you require advice on nationality then please visit the Home Office website at: GOV.UK British Citizenship
Will my application be dealt with by the Home Office quicker?
No, the Nationality Checking Service is not a priority service for processing your application with the Home Office. However, accurately completed forms are processed more quickly, on average, than those that are incomplete or which need further enquiries.
Contact Nationality Checking Service online