How to use this page

There is information on the Services we offer below.  Click on the headings below to expand each section and see more info about it.

Marriage Ceremonies

You can be married at many beautiful venues throughout Fife and all civil marriage ceremonies are conducted by our friendly and professional Registrars. Civil ceremonies can take place in a variety of venues ranging from historic buildings, fairytale castles, elegant mansion houses, to stylish and well designed Registrar's own venues. In addition, you can also request a setting of your own choice, for example in your own home or garden, on the beach or a place that holds special memories for you.

You don't need to be resident in Scotland to be married here, which makes it a lot easier for overseas visitors. There are, however, specific legal requirements which must be met before any marriage can proceed.

To obtain the legal forms, you need Marriage Notice form (M10) - and for full information on the legal side of marriage in Scotland, please visit the National Records of Scotland website: www.nrscotland.gov.uk

In Fife we take bookings for civil ceremonies many years in advance, so please get in touch as quickly as possible if you want to book a particular day or time.  This is especially important if you want to be married at the weekend, or in the busy Spring and Summer periods.  Please complete the marriage e-form to assist the Registrar with your enquiry

Without all the legal preliminaries to marriage being met, your wedding cannot go ahead, so please contact us as soon as you decide that you want to get married in Fife!

Want to get married abroad?
If you plan to be married abroad you may need to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the Registrar where you live.
If your marriage is to take place in England or Wales, you may also need this document.
Get in contact with us as soon as possible and we will be able to advise you.
You can find full details of all the legal aspects of registration in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland website
Please see publication - Marriage and Civil Partnership Fees for full information on costs.

Civil Partnerships

You can get civil partnership notice forms (CP10's) from any Registrar's office as well as any advice or information. The forms are also available on National Records of Scotland's website - www.nrscotland.gov.uk   

Civil partnerships can take place in Registrar's offices or in any external venue of your choice in Fife. You don't have to have a ceremony, however, most couples choose to do so as a way of celebrating with their families and friends.

We can help co-ordinate your ceremony so it is exactly what you want. You can choose your own vows and declarations, readings and music to personalise your ceremony the way you want it.

See the list of Marriage and Civil Partnership Fees from the publications section on this page.

If you have any enquiries relating to civil partnerships please email us at the address below.


Renewal of Vows

What is a renewal of marriage vows ceremony?

This ceremony is for any married couple who wish to celebrate their marriage by renewing their marriage vows in a unique and personal ceremony.

Often these ceremonies are associated with a special wedding anniversary, however, the ceremony can be for couples at any stage of their marriage.

The ceremony is also a great idea for couples who marry abroad and then want to include their family and friends in a celebration here.

Who are the Ceremonies for?

Any married couple, of any age and married for any length of time, can arrange a civil Renewal of Marriage Vows Ceremony.  You need to produce your marriage certificate when booking your ceremony.

Who will conduct your Ceremony?

A Registrar will conduct your ceremony, however, they will not be acting in any official capacity. 

For further information please speak to a Registrar using the contact details below.

Where can your Ceremony take place?

Your ceremony can take place in a Registrar's Office in Fife or in a venue of your choice, perhaps your home, your garden or a hotel?

See publication -  Renewal of Marriage Vows Fees publication below for full information on costs. 


Naming Ceremonies

What is a naming ceremony?

  • A naming ceremony is a very special way for parents to celebrate and welcome a child into the family.
  • You, as parents, decide the content of the ceremony, selecting declarations and promises of commitment which allows you to create a unique and special ceremony for your child and for yourselves.
  • Friends or relatives can also take part in the ceremony as "Supporting Adults".  They pledge a special relationship with the child.
  • Grandparents are welcome to take part in the ceremony too.

Who are they for?

  • Children of any age can have a naming ceremony – they are not just for babies.
  • Any parent or anyone else who has legal guardianship of the child can arrange the ceremony.
  • Parents do not need to be married to organise a naming ceremony.

Who will conduct your ceremony?

A Registrar will conduct your ceremony, however, they will not be acting in any official capacity.

Where can your ceremony take place?

Your ceremony can take place in a Registrar's Office in Fife, or in a venue of your own choice, perhaps your home, your garden or a hotel.

How much will it cost?

Please see publication - Naming Ceremony Fees 2019




Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.