By now you will have advertised your vacancy and along with the Selection Panel, you need to plan how you will go about selecting the right candidate for your vacancy.
You will need to consider:
- Criteria – which key criteria will be assessed as part of the short-listing process and interview
- Methods of selection – which one will help ensure you hire the best candidate for the post?
- Shortlisting – using your key criteria you will review the applications with fellow panel members and agree who should go forward to interview. You will then use Talentlink to administer the interview process
- The Interview – the main opportunity to assess whether an applicant meets the requirements identified in the role profile, a fair, objective and consistent approach must be taken
- Applicants Key Documents – you are responsible for checking at interview if the applicant is entitled to work in the UK and that he or she has the relevant qualification certificates.
- The Selection Decision – the Panel should try to reach a collective decision on the basis of the evidence presented by each applicant
- Conditional Offer – you can verbally make a conditional offer of employment to the preferred candidate, based on satisfactory pre-employment checks, completing the ‘Successful Candidate Information Form’ on Talentlink
Go to RS24 The Selection Process for the detail.
Tel: 01592 583200 Contact Transactions Recruitment online