By now you will have advertised your vacancy and along with the Selection Panel, you need to plan how you will go about selecting the right candidate for your vacancy.
You will need to consider:
- Criteria – which key criteria will be assessed as part of the short-listing process and interview
- Methods of selection – which one will help ensure you hire the best candidate for the post?
- Shortlisting – using your key criteria you will review the applications with fellow panel members and agree who should go forward to interview. You will then use TalentLink to administer the interview process
- The Interview – the main opportunity to assess whether a candidate meets the requirements identified in the role profile, a fair, objective and consistent approach must be taken
- Applicants Key Documents – you are responsible for checking at interview if the candidate has the right to work in the UK and that he or she holds the relevant qualification certificates. RR61 Recruiting Manager Interview Checklist - see publication below, will allow you to ensure that ALL actions are checked and completed at interview. This will avoid any unnecessary delays once you have identified your preferred candidate
- The Selection Decision – the Panel should reach a collective decision on the basis of the evidence presented by each candidate
- Conditional Offer – you can verbally make a conditional offer of employment to the preferred candidate subject to the completion of satisfactory pre-employment checks
- Once the verbal offer is accepted, complete the ‘Successful Candidate Information Form’ on TalentLink, this will then initiate the process for pre-employment checks
- You can check the progress of pre-employment checks for your preferred candidate by viewing the Offer Checklist on TalentLink.
Go to RS24 The Selection Process for the detail.
Tel: 01592 583200 Contact Transactions Recruitment online