Disabled parking can be essential in allowing blue badge holders access to services and convenient parking close to their homes in areas where parking is at a premium. Fife Council administer disabled parking in a number of different ways including:
- On-street parking bays - near local services such as shops, churches, libraries
- On-street parking bays - near peoples homes (where the road belongs to Fife Council)
- Off-street parking bays - in public Fife Council car parks
Where the land doesn't belong to Fife Council, we offer the following service:
- Private Car Parks - Fife Council offer a support service to allow private car park operators the opportunity to have enforceable disabled bays
- Housing association or private parking areas/roads - Fife Council can arrange to have bays installed with the permission of the land owner, however the cost of the bay must be paid for by the applicant or land owner.
Please see the pages listed on the left below Disabled Parking for more information.
Disabled Parking is provided under the Disabled Persons' Parking Places (Scotland) Act 2009.