Transportation Services provides a system of inspection and renewal of existing road lining, as well as assessment of the need for new lining.
Road markings are refreshed by the operational depots in each of the three Fife areas (North, Mid & South).
Any requests to have markings refreshed can be reported by:
- telephoning the contact centre on 03451 55 00 11
- using our on-line Road Reporting Form available from the Fife Direct homepage.
Transportation Services deals with enquiries relating to parking/waiting restrictions. These can include the following;
- Double yellow lines - means that you are not allowed to wait at any time.
- Single yellow lines - mean no waiting at specified times.
- Double yellow dashes on the kerb - mean no loading at any time.
- Single dashes on the kerb - mean no loading at specified times.
- Some marked out bays may have time restrictions placed on them.
- Any continuous white lines at the edge of the road should not be parked on.
- Zig-zag lines at crossings should not be stopped on unless queueing
- Bus box markings should not be stopped on unless queuing
- School keep clear markings should not be stopped on unless queueing
Further information is available in the Highway Code. There is an online version of the Highway Code available at the Direct Gov website (external link).
If you would like to discuss/propose any restrictions please contact the appropriate area officer as detailed below.