Home insurance

For council tenants, we can offer the opportunity to insure your home contents against fire, theft and flooding with a low cost insurance scheme. (We are responsible for your buildings insurance). The scheme insures your contents on a 'new for old' basis. It does not cover accidental damage except to TVs and videos.

You can contact your nearest Customer Service Centre or call the Housing and Neighbourhood Service on 03451 55 00 33 for an application pack.

If you are not a council tenant, you can get advice on home insurance from your bank, building society or solicitor and many companies now offer insurance over the internet.

If you have any queries about a policy, Citizens Advice (takes you to an external website) can help you or put you in touch with the insurance ombudsman. 

Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.