As a tenant there are lots of different ways you can get involved in the decisions we make about the services you receive.
The Council has a Tenant Participation Strategy and housing officers dedicated to encouraging and maintaining tenant involvement.
There are also several groups which meet regularly to discuss issues which affect you as a tenant. These include the:
- Fife Tenants Forum
- Fife Housing Partnership
- Tenants’ Federations
- Local Tenants’ Groups
Fife Tenants’ Forum – this group provides a forum to raise Fife-wide issues. The Forum has two groups, one that:
- considers and comments on the Housing Service’s performance information; and another that
- monitors and reviews the outcomes of the Tenant Participation Strategy Action Plan
The Forum is attended by all three of the Tenants Federations in Fife. The Forum allows tenants to discuss matters of:
- estate management
- repairs and improvements
- allocations and support
- homelessness and prevention
- rents and resources
The Fife Housing Partnership – this group monitors the actions of the Local Housing Strategy. To make sure tenant perspectives are taken in to account there are two places on the Partnership for tenant representatives. Regular updates are given to the Tenant Forum.
Tenants’ Federations – the Council funds three Tenants’ Federations. The Federations are umbrella organisations which help, promote, support and encourage development of Tenants and Residents Groups throughout Fife. They also respond to local, strategic and national consultation and influence decision making. The Federations are all independent of each other and manage their own resources and work plans. They are:
- North East Fife Tenants and Residents Federation (NEFTRF) 07484075316 - email@example.com
- Fife Federation of Tenants and Residents Association (FFOTRA) 01592 641968 - Enquiries@ffotra.co.uk
- Glenrothes Area Residents Federation (GARF) 01592 611139 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Groups – with help from both Fife Council and the Federations, local groups deal with local issues. At the moment there are 21 groups on our register and other groups are working towards registration.
We give support to help groups set up as well as support to set up a constitution. To get involved in events organised by the Housing Service, and to qualify for funding, a group must be officially registered by the council.
What we have to consult on:
- changes to policies which affect tenants and their likely effects
- the standard of service in relation to housing management, repairs and maintenance
- tenant participation strategy
- stock transfer
Tel: 01383 602220
By Post: Fife House North Street Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LT