Short Scottish Secure Tenancy

You will be offered a Short Scottish Secure Tenancy (SSST) if you (or a member of your family):

  • have received an ASBO
  • have been previously evicted for anti-social behaviour and have been offered a house by us
  • are moving to the area for employment
  • have been evicted for rent arrears and are now receiving help from the Housing Support Service
  • live in temporary accommodation (for example, if you are homeless)

What does the Short Scottish Secure Tenancy mean to you?

When you are given the SSST it will be for a six-month period, which we can extend for a further six months.

While you are on the SSST you will not have the right to buy your home.

While you are on the SSST there will be no 'rights of succession' for any adult living with you. Therefore, no one else living in your home can take over the tenancy.

If you have been given the SSST because you are newly working in the area, you will not convert to the full tenancy but you can continue for six-month tenancy periods.

If everything goes well, after a year on the SSST, you will be converted to a Scottish Secure Tenancy.

Can you appeal against our decision?

If you do not agree with our decision you can take legal advice from your own solicitor or speak to Citizen's Advice (takes you to an external website).

Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.