Report a Change

It's important that you tell us quickly about any change in your circumstances which may have an affect on your council tax bill and your housing benefit or council tax reduction award.

If you don't tell us quickly you may be committing a criminal offence. This may result in you being prosecuted and ending up with a criminal record.

Changes which will affect your housing benefit or council tax reduction award

  • Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down.
  • Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down.
  • You or your partner start or stop working.
  • Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change.
  • Anyone joins or leaves the household.
  • The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes.
  • The amount of rent you pay changes.


You must report any changes immediately or you may lose benefit or reduction.

  • Report a Change Online
  • Visit any Local Office – ‘Find your nearest’ using the search facility at the top right of this page.


Changes which will affect your council tax bill

Click on the link to report it online

You can now manage your council tax account through Fifedirect. Fill in and save forms, make payments and check your balance by signing in or registering for an account.  Please have your bill to hand.

If you already manage your council tax account online why not login to fill in forms so you can keep a record of what you submit to us.


Benefits and Council Tax Team, PO BOX 18015, Glenrothes, KY7 5YJ
Tel: 03451 55 11 55

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.