The Estates Team do not deal with Council housing stock which is administered by the Housing Service or with the letting of schools/community centres which is dealt with by Education/Community Services.
The team provides the Council with valuation information and property advice on a wide range of subjects. This includes:
- Asset Valuations - arrange Asset Valuations for all assets recorded in the Council's Asset Register in accordance with CIPFA and RICS Guidelines
- Rating Valuations - ensure a correct assessment of all the Council's properties, lodging appeals and applications for "Empty Period Rates Relief"
- Capital Valuations carry out valuations for a range purposes including acquisitions, disposals, development appraisals etc
- Acquisitions - purchase property for the Council including the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers where necessary
- Disposals - sale of Council properties both by negotiation and on the open market, including the appointment of external agents
- Leases - management of the Council's non-operational property portfolio which is leased out by the Council and management of those properties leased in by the Council for operational purposes
- Revenue Valuations - carry out valuations for new leases, rent reviews, renewals and surrender of leases etc
- Wayleaves - negotiate wayleaves etc to outside parties who require to cross or use Council property or land, i.e. Scottish Water, British Telecom etc
- Amenity Land - negotiate the disposal of small areas of amenity land, garden ground and access rights across Council property and land
- Property Interests - arrange the sale of property rights, including servitudes and other rights of access and part ownership, e.g. selling a share in loft space
- Licenses/Concessions - granting licenses/concessions to operate in car parks and public areas, i.e. funfairs
- General property advice
Corporate Asset Management Services