Change of tenancy

Houses and flats in Buckhaven

Houses and flats in Buckhaven

At some point you may want to change your tenancy, whether that’s because you would like to include a partner on the agreement or because you would like to consider exchanging homes with another tenant, or you may even want to give up your tenancy altogether.

If you do want to make a change you need to get the Council's agreement to the change. You can write a short letter and hand it in or post it to your Local Office. We will visit you to make sure your tenancy is in order and let you know our decision within 28 days.

Changes can include:

  • taking a lodger
  • switching from sole to joint tenancy (or the other way round)
  • passing your tenancy on (known as succession)
  • swapping or exchanging your home with another tenant
  • running a business from your home
  • ending your tenancy

We will agree to most changes, but may refuse if :

  • you or our household have shown antisocial behaviour
  • you have rent arrears and the change does not help you financially
  • your home would be overcrowded 

You can use the contact details below or visit your nearest local office for further details.

Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.