MyFife smartcard scheme

Privacy Notice

This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information that we collect about you.

Fife Council uses the personal information provided by you to process and manage your myfife smartcard application (a National Entitlement Card).

We have statutory functions to process applications primarily in terms of  local authorities' duty to secure best value, and their power to advance well-being as outlined in Local Government in Scotland Act 2003, ss 1, 2; ibid., pt3. Further legislation is applicable - details can be provided on request.

The personal information we gather and use includes name, address, contact details, date of birth and gender. We also require a photograph of the applicant. 

We share your information with the Scottish Government and its agencies (e.g. Transport Scotland, Improvement Service) and the supplier that produces your myfife card. We also share with Young Scot if you are entitled to receive that service. 

If at any time you move from Fife and wish to retain your National Entitlement Card service with your new home Scottish Local Authority, at your request we will share your information with that Local Authority. 

In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and process your application or provide you with a myfife card. 

There is no automated decision making in relation to myfife cards.

Concessionary Travel services are provided on myfife cards. This has its own additional privacy notice which is available here.

The Council will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept. The Council has a retention schedule which sets out how long we hold different types of information. This can be found here

Further information on how your information is used and why can be found at The Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:

The National Entitlement Card is Scotland’s National Smartcard.

In Fife it's called a MyFife card.


Your MyFife card makes it convenient to access a range of public services and facilities with only one card. It ties together:


The Scottish Government supports National Entitlement Cards to deliver national and local services.

If you don't live in Fife, or if you want to find out more about Scottish National Entitlement Cards, visit:



When you receive your new NEC card there is no need to inform us if the last two digits of your card number has changed.  The last two digits are the issue number and will change every time a new card is sent to you. 

MyFife card/National Entitlement Card

The MyFife smartcard scheme makes it easier to access local, national and council services.  The MyFife smartcard is our local branding for the National Entitlement Card.

It is a plastic card similar to a bank or credit card which will enable holders to tap into a range of entitlements and discounts.  Already people in Fife are using the card to get access to a variety of services.

How do I apply for a MyFife card/National Entitlement Card?

To apply for a MyFife card you can contact the MyFife enquiries line on 03451 55 00 66 providing your full name, address and date of birth and an appointment will be made at a local office that is most convenient for you.

Please note that if you are applying for a concessionary travel card based on age grounds, you can only be registered within 2 weeks  prior to turing 60.

You must bring the required identification documentation with you so that your registration can be completed.

What services can I access using my MyFife card?

Additional services may be added over time.

Featured Young Scot Discount

To get 10% off your shop, at over 600 stores nationwide,  simply show your card at the till.


What if I lose my card?

If your card has been lost or stolen you can obtain a replacement by using our on-line form available on this page.

We will put a stop on the card from the date and time we receive your request so that you are not liable for any misuse should it fall into the wrong hands. We will then issue you with a replacement card which you should receive within 5-7 working days.

What if I need to change any of my details?

If need to change any of your personal details you can do this by using our on-line form available on this page.

If you need any further advice or help please use the contact details below or look at our Frequently Asked Questions.

myfife enquiries
Tel: 03451 55 00 66 Contact myfife enquiries online
By Post: Fife House North Street Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LT
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.